The nights are longer, there’s a chill in the air, and spooky thrills are all around. As you sip your pumpkin spice latte and put the finishing touches on your costume, consider your Halloween plans. How are you planning to celebrate Halloween in Charleston? There are lots of opportunities for fall fun in the Lowcountry, so check out our tips for a Halloween that’s all treats, no tricks!
4 Tips for a Boo-tiful Halloween
Halloween is all about having fun, whether you’re 6 or 60! These are some surefire tips to help you make the most of it.
1. Dress to impress
It’s just not Halloween without costumes. Whether you buy store bought costumes or make your own, throw on something that puts you in a festive mood and have fun with it. If you’re spending Halloween with friends or family, think of a fun group costume to do together. Pop culture is always a fun source of inspiration, so consider characters from Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, or Toy Story.
2. Safety first
While Halloween should be a day of fun for all ages, it’s also one of the highest volume days of the year for emergency rooms. Think about it; kids and adults in masks, capes, and bulky costumes running around in the dark on a sugar high, wearing cheap, flammable costumes near pumpkins illuminated by open flame. It’s a recipe for disaster, but it doesn’t have to be! There are some super simple ways you can stay safe this Halloween, including:
- Only use foam or plastic prop weapons.
- Keep capes, robes, etc. to a reasonable length to avoid tripping.
- Make sure all kids and adults in your group are wearing light or reflective clothing if trick-or-treating outdoors.
- Wear glow sticks and glow accessories, and carry a flashlight.
- If you’re lighting a jack o’lantern, consider using battery-operated tea lights or fairy lights instead of traditional candles.
- If you choose to drink, be sure to have a designated driver or plan to use a car service like Lyft.
- Leave the dark streets, unattended children, and inebriated drivers to the ghosts. Instead, opt to celebrate indoors where your crew can enjoy themselves without worry.
3. The more the merrier
Halloween is more fun with friends, and who can resist a great group costume? (See above re: the best pop culture Halloween costumes for 2019.) If you choose to celebrate here at Charleston Fun Park, your group is guaranteed to have a scary-good time. With so many attractions, there’s sure to be something for everyone in the group, from mini golf and go karts to arcade games and virtual reality experiences. We even host group events, so contact us if you’re interested in making a reservation.
4. Scare up some fun
We’re starting the fun early this year with Halloween specials! Check out the specials below, and be sure to share with your friends so nobody misses out on these great deals.