Are you ready to take home bragging rights for life? There’s a science to scoring in mini golf, and we wouldn’t be the #1 Mini Golf in Charleston if we hadn’t mastered all the tricks. Don’t worry, we’re willing to share the knowledge! Beat your family in putt-putt with these mini golf techniques.
How to Win at Mini Golf
- Pick the right putter. To test it out take your stance, holding your putter in a loose, but firm grip in the middle of the rubber. The top of your putter should hit right around your belt. Are you a golf pro? Bring your own!
- Walk the hole. No, it’s not cheating, it’s strategy. Walk from the tee to the hole, keeping an eye out for odd angles, slopes, and obstacles on the course. You’ll be more likely to avoid trouble if you know what’s coming.
- Watch other players. A wise mini golfer lets others go first. Why? You can watch the competition bounce their ball off the wrong wall, misjudge the slope of hills, and wind up in the water. When it’s your turn to putt, you’ll know what not to do.
- Pick a target. Chances are you won’t get a hole-in-one, especially if you can’t see the hole from the tee. Instead, pick a spot on the wall, a divot in the green, or debris like a leaf to aim for. You’ll get a more accurate swing if you keep your eyes on the prize.
- Watch your speed. What’s the #1 mistake in mini golf? Not swinging hard enough. The #2 mistake? Swinging too hard! It’s challenging to strike the balance, but learning how to moderate your speed will prevent you from falling short of the hole . . . or bouncing your ball all the way back to the tee box.
Can you master both of Blackbeard’s courses? Visit Charleston Fun Park and try your hand at our back-to-back 18 hole putt-putt courses. You can play both for just $10!