Planning winter birthday parties can be challenging, even here in Charleston where we have relatively mild winters. Cold, gray, drizzly, and dreary weather makes backyard or park parties a no-go, and who wants a bunch of sugar-fueled kids running amok in their house? Even for an adult party, winter is one of the most challenging times to plan a gathering. Fortunately Charleston has a secret party weapon that can ensure your next event is a smash hit—Charleston Fun Park!
Tips for Winter Party Planning
Choose a venue where everyone can stay warm and dry.
Rule number one of winter party planning is to select a venue that is at least partially indoors. While it’s rarely freezing cold here in Charleston, low temperatures in the 40s are chilly enough that your group will definitely want to have a warm indoor space where they can retreat to heat back up after some time outside.
Include activities to get guests moving.
Cabin fever can strike even when you’re not snowed in. Whether you’re planning a birthday party for your child or a team party for your adult kickball league, it’s a good idea to center your party plans around an activity (or several) that the whole group can enjoy. Choosing a party place with fun activities also saves you the hassle of having to come up with multiple hours worth of games, icebreakers, and other “event programming” to keep everyone engaged.
At Charleston Fun Park, we offer a variety of attractions that kids and adults alike enjoy, from putt putt, go-karts, and bumper cars to virtual reality activities, mini bowling, and arcade games. We even have a new axe-throwing range for the over 18 crowd!
Embrace the season with a fun theme.
Why not have some fun with your winter party by choosing a theme? Winter party theme ideas include:
- Penguins: Have everyone wear black and white for a cool photo op!
- Polar bears: Same idea but ask everyone to wear white. You can even provide bear ears as a party favor.
- Snowflakes: The beautiful and unique shapes of snowflakes make them perfect for a cake decorating motif, or you can cut them out of paper to make a banner.
- Ice Queen and snowman: Because sometimes you’ve got to let it go and be cool.
- Skiing or snowboarding: A birthday cake makes the perfect “mountain” for a skiing or snowboarding cake.
- Abominable Snowman/Yeti: This party theme is so fun for the season, but also really unique. Play pin the snowballs on the yeti or create fun photo booth props to look like abominable snowman faces.
Ready to book your winter party in Charleston? Give us a call at 843-971-1223 today, or use our online form and we’ll be in touch with you shortly.